The John Maitland Trophy.
Sunday 27th August
10:00am to 6:00pm
Four way club boat match with RWFF against Grafham Water Fly Fishers Association, Invicta Fly Fishing Club & Mid Northants Trout Fishers.
Venue is at Grafham Water for 2023.
This year there are a few changes to the rules of the match, and in agreement with all the other participants in the match – RWFF, GWFF, INVICTA FF and Mid Northants, they are:
1. The match will be fished 100% Catch and Release. (Season tickets holders can catch their limit in accordance with their permit if they so wish)
2. There will be a max 16 rods per team, 10 best rods to count.
3. There will be no fish limit and the result will be based on the winning teams best 10 rods.
4. Rods will record the time of their first fish (confirmed by their boat partner), so in the event of a draw the team catching the first fish wins.
5. Brown trout will count as fish caught.
6. Match to be fished in accordance with International rules.
2022: Invicta Fly Fishing Club.
Rutland Water Fly Fishers is a club of keen anglers who fly fish for trout in Rutland Water and other local reservoirs.
New members are very welcome. Please see our Membership page for details.